For Clients and Their Loved Ones
- Anorexia and Other Eating Disorders: Help for Parents of Children and Teens Suffering from Anorexia and other Eating Disorders. (Eva Musby)
- Life Without ED (Jenni Schaefer)
- Goodbye Ed, Hello Me: Recover from Your Eating Disorder and Fall in Love with Life (Jenni Schaefer)
- Intuitive Eating: A Revolutionary Program that Works (Evelyn Tribole & Elyse Resch)
- Overcoming Binge Eating (Christopher Fairburn)
- Getting Better Bite By Bite (Ulrike Schmidt, Janet Treasure, & June Alexander)
- When Your Teen Has an Eating Disorder: Practical Strategies to Help Your Teen Recover from Anorexia, Bulimia & Binge Eating (Lauren Mulheim)
- Beautiful You: A Daily Guide to Radical Self-Acceptance (Rosie Molinary)
- More Than a Body: Your Body Is an Instrument, Not an Ornament (Lindsay Kite, Lexie Kite)
- Health at Every Size: The Surprising Truth About Your Weight (Linda Bacon)
- Body Respect: What Conventional Health Books Get Wrong, Leave Out, and Just Plain Fail to Understand about Weight (Linda Bacon, Lucy Aprhramor)
- The Body Is Not An Apology: The Power of Radical Self-Love (Sonya Renee Taylor)
- Radical Belonging: How to Survive and Thrive in an Unjust World (While Transforming it for the Better) (Lindo Bacon)
- National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA)
- NEDA Parents Toolkit
- NEDA Body Activism Guide
- National Eating Disorder Information Centre (NEDIC)
- Body Brave – Hamilton
- Maudsley Parents
Aimed first at parents, the Maudsley approach is an established, evidence-based outpatient family-based treatment (FBT) for anorexia that was developed at the Maudsley Hospital in London, UK. It’s now used by eating disorder programs around the world, including several in Ontario. The website has extensive information on the Maudsley approach and contact information for several Ontario providers.
- Kids Help Phone
Free, anonymous and confidential professional phone counselling and online counselling, available 24/7 for kids and youth 20 years of age and younger.
- Ontario Community Outreach Program for Eating Disorders
OCOPED is a partnership between the eating disorder programs at the University Health Network – Toronto General Hospital and The Hospital for Sick Children. Under “About Us,” you will find a downloadable list of eating disorder treatment programs funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
- Sheena’s Place – Toronto
- Canadian Mental Health Association Eating Disorders Program
- – Waterloo Wellington
Body Positive Sites:
Helpline: 1-866-NEDIC-20 and 416-340-4156 (M – Th, 11am – 7pm and Friday from 11a – 5pm).
Instant chat: M – Th, 9am-9pm and Friday 9am – 5pm.
Have a Question?
I look forward to getting to know you and helping you reach your therapy goals.
519-731-2981 | Send Email