Relief from Stress and Worry
If you have been struggling with anxiety, depression, stress, disordered eating, insomnia or burnout for far too long, we can help. Some of the things you might feel with these concerns are:
- Comparing yourself and your body to others.
- Thinking about food all the time, but afraid to let yourself eat or eating too much at once.
- Overanalyzing past situations or thinking about upcoming events.
- Trouble with focus, concentration and memory.
- Fatigue and sluggishness during the day but cannot sleep at night.
- Difficulty controlling alcohol and drug use.
- Mood swings and irritability.
If you struggle with any of these issues, you might be dealing with anxiety, depression, disordered eating or addiction. We believe you are the expert in your own life and that our job is to support you on your journey. We will work with your strengths to find breakthroughs for the problems that affect your ability to be effective and confident in all areas of your life.
Some of the ways we support people:
Relieve anxiety and depression
- Manage negative thinking. Learn to be gentle with yourself.
Restore your relationship with food
- In whatever form of disordered eating you feel trapped, end the vicious cycle of dieting, binging, and purging. Learn to nourish your body and thrive.
Restore body image and self confidence
- Break free from social comparison, recognize your value, and live your life with confidence.
Improve coping mechanisms
- Do you deal with stress by doing things that create more stress?
Develop a healthy balance between work and personal life
- When is it enough?
Get a full night’s sleep
- Turn off your mind and wake up refreshed.
There are effective ways to manage and resolve these problem areas in your life. Together we can explore these issues and find solutions that work for you. Please contact us for a free consultation to find out more about how we can help.
Please contact us to schedule a free initial consultation.
519-731-2981 | Send Email
I look forward to helping you gain better peace of mind.
The Benefits of Therapy
Psychotherapy can be an effective tool in providing you with the necessary support and training to overcome the challenges you face. By seeking therapy, you are taking responsibility and action to change what no longer works in your life. Many studies have shown throughout the years that psychotherapy is an effective form of treating and managing mental illnesses and other emotional disorders.
At Laird Counselling Services we are a team of professional mental health counsellors experienced in treating a wide variety of mental health issues including; ADHD, Acquired Brain Injury, Addictions, Anxiety, Body Image, Eating Disorders, Depression, Trauma, Burnout and Insomnia. Our counsellors have received training in proven approaches such as, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Compassion-Focused Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Internal Family Systems, Narrative Therapy, Person-Centered Therapy, and Emotion-Focused Therapy.
Your wellness and peace of mind is our top priority.
“Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.”
– Nido Qubein