Grief and Loss
It’s been said that the one constant in life is change and sadly those changes can include grief and loss. Moving through the pain of life transitions takes time and energy. While this alone is difficult, the process can be made even more difficult if:
- you feel you should be over it already,
- your loss is not understood by others,
- your loss is not tangible,
- you cannot share your loss,
- you have experienced multiple losses.
When you feel alone in your grief or cannot see a time when you will feel better, you may turn to avoidance or dealing with your feelings using maladaptive coping methods (food, alcohol, etc.). While there are no easy answers for grief and loss, talking about it can make a difference.
Get in touch for a no-fee consultation to learn more about how we can help.